If you’re considering getting replacement windows for your home or business, you’ve come to the right place. Archit Design / Build, Inc. has years of experience installing windows of all shapes and sizes. How do you know when it is time for window replacement? If you answer “yes” to one or more of the questions below, it may be time.
- Is your home more than 15 years old?
- Do your windows leak water or let in drafts?
- Are your windows difficult to open or close?
- Are your windows blistering, rotting or peeling?
Window technology has come a long way in the last fifteen years. Replacement windows such as Silver Line by Andersen Windows and JELD-WEN Windows are energy efficient, easy to operate, and are made of low maintenance materials that won’t fade, flake, blister, chalk or peel.
Replacement windows come in several different exterior colors and styles:
- Double-hung Windowsmay be opened from the top and bottom.
- Casement Windowsopen with a crank, which makes them easy to operate. They are especially handy in hard-to-reach places, such as over the kitchen sink.
- Double-pane windowsare two pieces of glass that may have an inert gas (such as argon or krypton) between them that insulates better than air.
- Gliding Windows- similar to a sliding glass door
- Picture Windows
- Bay & Bow Windows
- Specialty Windows
- Mullions, or vertical and horizontal dividers, give windows a traditional look; snap-out mullions (also known as simulated divided lite, or SDL) make cleaning easier.
- Tilt-out windowslet you clean the exterior from the inside.
In addition to replacement windows, we also install patio doors, including sliding glass doors and French doors. Again, we would recommend Silver Line by Andersen and JELD-WEN, but if you would like patio doors from another manufacturer, we would be happy to install those as well.
Call us today at 443-507-5100 for a free estimate on your replacement windows or new patio doors.